Ready to buy your tickets? Click here!
Dear Prospective Delegate,
Win a fabulous vacation to the 2020 Miss for America Pageant likely to be held in Las Vegas!
City and County titles are now available!!
The 2020, Miss. for Minnesota America Pageant will be held on June 27th, 2020, at the Bloomington Center for the Arts, Bloomington, MN (1800 W Old Shakopee Rd, Bloomington, MN 55431). Interviews will be conducted on the 26th of June at the Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington, MN, the pageant hotel ( 5140 American Blvd W, Bloomington, MN 55437). Our web site information is: http://www.mrsminnesotaamerica.com
I would appreciate it if you would send me your cell number if you have not already done so.
Thank you, and I look forward to your application. In the past, it has been difficult reaching many of you by phone. I would really appreciate it if you would acknowledge receipt of this email and let me know if you have an interest.
Executive Director for the Mrs and Miss for Minnesota America Pageants
Due to COVID-19 the dates below do not apply and will be updated as soon as a new pageant date has been scheduled.
The following is a list of reminders and deadlines to note:
- All paperwork and deposits, if not previously sent, are due on or before May 1st, 2019
- Please email your headshot, in color, by May 1st.
- Ads are due on or before May 1st; any questions about your headshot or ads should be directed to our printer, Mike, at email@example.com.
- We are auctioning off an ad for the back cover which will be in color. The minimum opening bid is $300, just $105 more than the cost of a regular ad. If you are interested, send me an email with your offer any time prior to midnight May 1st. The winner will be determined by the email date and time if there is a tie.
- The opening contestant performance at the pageant will be in black cocktail dresses. Silver accessories may be worn and definitely heels.
- I recommend that you reserve your rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn, Bloomington, MN using our discounted rate ASAP if needed. Do wait too long as the hotels near the Mall of America always sell out on weekends during the summer.
- Make sure that you have a costume and a short statement describing it. (i.e. Good evening, my costume represents the beautiful lakes of the state of Minnesota. From Twin Cities, I am Carl Schway). You should have this ready for the competition on Friday, June 26th.
- We will not provide hair or makeup assistants. This is up to you. You may have one female helper backstage.
- Tickets will be sold by Brown Bag Tickets per my previous email to you and are currently on sale. They will also be sold at the Theater on the night of the pageant.
- We are working on a post-pageant party to be held on Saturday night following the conclusion of the pageant.
- Try to place a news article in your local papers.
- The cost of ads is your responsibility as are sponsor ads; they are not required but encouraged. Use your imagination, for example when approaching a prospective sponsor, charge them $350 for an ad and throw in 2 tickets to the pageant. Ads thanking sponsors are highly recommended as we will not be listing them this year in the program book.
- When sending emails, always indicate what you are emailing in the subject line at the top, (i.e. head shot, application, fact sheet, ad)
- The interviews on Friday June 26th will commence around noon. We will have a meeting prior thereto at about 11AM so check in will be at 10:30AM. Interviews will be conducted alphabetically.
- There may be a short rehearsal at the hotel following interviews.
- There will be a rehearsal on the 27th at the Theater at 11AM, check in will be at 10:30AM. It should take several hours but I expect that it will be done by 4PM. Bring snacks. I would prefer that once you check in you do not leave the premises.
- Husbands will escort their wives in the evening gown competition. They should wear a dark suit, tux, or military uniform. If your husband cannot attend, we will provide you with an escort.
- Swimsuit competition will be on stage. You must wear a one or two-piece swimsuit, one color, at your discretion. We will also conduct a swimsuit and costume competition on the 26th at the hotel in closed quarters.
- Optional, please order your sashes if you have not done so! They are beautifully embroidered and a great memento of the pageant. The should also be worn at any appearances that you may make. The cost is $75. They may take up to 2 weeks to construct. They should be worn at all pageant events including rehearsals.
- There will be a rehearsal on Thursday night, June 25th, 4PM at YoungQuest Fitness, 6545 Flying Cloud Dr. in Eden Prairie, MN 55344 starting at 4PM. We will have a pot luck dinner as well. Each contestant should bring a dish for the pageant contestants and husbands, who should be present if possible.
- We will not be sending out all of the forms previously sent for those of you who are repeating and wondering where they are. The only forms to complete this year are the applications and fact sheets.
- We accept PayPal to our account, firstname.lastname@example.org, checks, made payable to the Mrs. Minnesota Pageant, reference your state and mail to Carl Schway 1918 Twin Circle Drive Mendota Heights, MN 55118, or Visa/MC., need name on card, number, expiration, code and billing address.
We are very much looking forward to meeting all of you. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, but please adhere to these deadlines!
Best of Luck,
Carl Schway, Director